I learned something interesting this week in my Child Development class. I was studying about the brain and the left/right hemispheres and their different specialities. I think it is well known that each side of the cerebral cortex receives information from and controls only one side of the body. The left hemisphere controls the right side of the body and the right hemisphere controls the left. Here is the interesting information I didn't know. After this explanation there was a footnote that explained, "The eyes are an exception. Messages from the right half of each retina go to the left hemisphere; messages from the left half of each retina go to the right hemisphere. Thus, visual information from both eyes is received by both hemispheres." Interesting. Complex. I have taken a few classes on the body and whenever I study it I am absolutely amazed.
Here is me studying. Jed snapped a picture and said I could put it on my blog. So here it is on my blog.
1 comment:
You're so cute. Thank you for sharing this interesting piece of information. I wonder why the eyes are the exception?
Post a Comment