Thursday, December 18, 2008

Patapsco State Park- Where are you?

Last week I was all set to take the girls on an adventure. I have been trying to get together with a mom's group in the area for the last few months but have not been able to attend one of their meetings yet either the event was too far away or not at a convenient time for us. But I got an email saying they were going to a state park that was relatively close by and had a two acre tire park. The kids were going to play and then we were going to load the kids up in strollers and go on a walk on one of the many trails in the park. Sounded fun. The weather was supposed to be good so I decided we would finally be able to make our first meeting. I forgot to RSVP but didn't think it would be a big deal.  It was supposed to take a little over 30 minutes to get there.... but unfortunately not for us. We were supposed to meet at the park at 11:00 but I was running a bit behind because I stopped at a couple of stores on our way out. We got to one of the park entrances a little after 11:00 but could not see a tire park in sight. I grabbed a map at the fee area and didn't see the tire area labeled. However the park headquarters were marked so I headed there for directions. The nice lady gave me a more detailed map with highlighting on how to get there. No problem I thought. We will be there in just a few minutes. Okay, after driving up and down the same street a few times and around a neighborhood, I stopped at a park where there was a mom with her kids. She was from there and gave me some further directions. We finally pulled into the tire park a little after 12:00 and this is what we found-
NO ONE!!!

No one was there. Well- we were there but no kids for Kaley to play with which was the whole point in doing this. Had the group come and gone? Did no one show? I am not sure. And I can't blame them because they had no idea we were coming, I didn't RSVP. So we had a picnic in the cold (Kaley was even cold-my girl who insists on not wearing a coat), we played, and then we went home. Would I go again? I don't know. One good thing- the bathrooms were still open for use so Kaley didn't have to go potty on a tree. 


1 comment:

Joy said...

Burrr...I'm gettin cold just looking at Anna's red cheeks.