Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bittersweet



Looking back on my life there are some bittersweet moments.  Times when I have been so excited about what is about to happen next but also sad about what I am leaving. Graduating from high school and going to college- bittersweet. Going home from a mission and figuring out what to do- bittersweet. Moving to Logan, Utah and leaving some good friends- bittersweet. 
Did you catch what I just wrote- moving to LOGAN, UTAH!!! That's right we are moving June 1. Jed got a job with the Utah State University and we are moving. It would be really great for me if my friends here could move with us and be our next door neighbors- is that possible? Is that too much to ask? Then it wouldn't be bitter at all- just pure SWEETNESS! 
I am really excited about our move- it just feels "right." It feels right for so many different reasons (the number one reason will be living closer to both of our families).We are planning on renting something for awhile until we decide where in the valley we want to go. Jed thinks it would be nice to be a little bit north of Logan. We might buy a house or maybe get some land and build. I am not sure what we are going to do. All I know is it will be nice to live in a house and have a yard for the girls to play around in.  
On our exodus out to Utah we are going to make a real road trip out of it. Both of our cars are going to take us to see Philadelphia, NYC, Palmyra, Niagara Falls, KirtlandNauvoo, Independence, and Winter Quarters. Jed's parents are going to fly out and drive it with us. It will take us about two weeks to do it. Now- that is a roadtrip. See to the right- Getting to Know Us- about our road trip food picks.  So bring on the sweetness and I will try not to cry about the bitter. Sidenote: I am horrible at saying good-byes. I cry. I don't know what to say. Let's just say, it is not pretty. Actually I just like to pretend it is not happening and not say anything at all- like I am going to see them next week at Church. I might just do that. 


6 comments:

Maren Hansen said...

Hey, at least half of the ward has ties to Utah, so it's not forever... :) I know my parents and all of Dh and I's extended fam live there. But I know what you mean about goodbyes. I ignore them and try to not even go through them. I hate them more than sleepless nights. (Which they give me)... :) We'll miss you guys SO much! KIT

Bethany said...

Hey! Congratulations on the new job! That's super exciting.

Also exciting-I've already arranged trustworthy and reliable babysitting for you. Leah and her husband Landon are at Utah State.

Well, good for you, friend!

Simmons said...

We are excited to have you so close to us. We love you.

emily said...

hey--i found your blog through bethany and ryan's!

my grandparents live north of logan in a great little town called lewiston--you should look into it. congrats on the university job!!!

valumama said...

I am so excited to be closer to you! sweat-ness all around from my point of view (do I mean sweet?)

Jared and Andrea said...

I am glad you'll be closer to family. This is very exciting! Congrats on the new job!