
Have you had one of those days that it is just super great to be alive? I had one of those days on Friday. The weather was perfect- the sun was shining, a cool breeze- nothing could bother me (though the swarms of gnats by the water were a bit annoying- I dealt with it), and everyone was in a good mood.
Kaley, Anna, and I went with our friend Nikki and her son Michael to the C&O Canal on the Potomac River. We learned all about the history of the canal and took a 45 minute trip down part of it. This is a picture of us on the boat. At the very beginning we went through one of the lock gates. Once we got through the gate, mules pulled the boat on the water. We had a fun time and it was made even better with a trip to Rita's- an ice cream shop that specializes in frozen custard and Italian water ices. I had a root beer flavor Italian ice and vanilla custard. The frozen custard surprised me- really thick, creamy, and smooth. If you get a chance I would try it. Anyways- it was a very nice day and worth blogging about so I will remember how nice the day was.
No comments:
Post a Comment