Friday, December 18, 2009

Kids- gotta love 'em!


Kaley, Anna, and I were in the car driving to the Post Office today to pick up our mail when Kaley exclaims, "I know why daddies go to work."

I was thinking to myself how I was going to explain that a lot of mothers go to work as well but I asked, "Oh. Really? Why is that?"

Kaley- "So we can have money."

Me- "Yeah- that is why daddies go to work."

Kaley- "I am a genius."

Me- Laughing a little bit, "You are smart."

Kaley- "But I am a genius."

Me- "Well, not everyone is a genius. Geniuses are really really smart people."

Kaley- "I am a genius. Everyone is a genius."

Me- "Actually not everyone is a genius. I am not a genius."

Kaley- "There is only one person who is not a genius and that is you. Everyone else is a genius."

Okay then- there you have it folks!

3 comments:

Renae said...

Wow, Janelle. You know, I never knew how to tell you... WE were always walking around all genius-y, and you were just kind of... averagely smart... I'm glad your girl finally got out in the open what EVERYONE else seems to have always known... you're THE ONLY non genius here. Sorry, friend. But I mean, I still LIKE you, so don't feel bad. ;)

Renae said...

OH dang it. It looks like I just kicked myself out of the genius club because I commented while signed in as MY MOM.

Well, now you have non-genius company. This is BETHANY R. Weed. :)

Jared and Andrea said...

I LOVE it! I can hardly believe she is 5. Happy Birthday, Kaley.